Rueil-Malmaison, February 25, 2008 – At the 14th African Water Association Congress in Cotonou (February 25 to 28), Benin, Schneider Electric presented a simple, integrated, end-to-end solution for drinking water booster pump stations managed by water distribution companies or industrial firms.
Known as 3SControl, this simple solution comprises a control center with motor starters and motor protection devices, speed drives, 3S solution cards, a slot for a remote management system, control and indicator equipment and a configuration terminal. The plug-and-play center, which can control up to four pumps, is delivered directly to the point of use.
Keeping a close eye on pressure
With 3SControl, operators can:
• Precisely adjust water pressure.
• Define the optimal response time in the event of a disturbance.
• Reduce water hammer.
• Count on automatic mutual backup and an integrated fallback mode.
• Use the day/night mode to reduce electricity use during peak periods and benefit from off-peak rates.
• Locally access operating and configuration modes using a pull-down menu.
• Monitor the station remotely.
“With this simple, integrated solution, Schneider Electric optimizes operating costs and makes life easier for operators,” notes Dominique Gayraud, Vice President Water Solutions Schneider Electric. “3SControl combines technology, flexibility and modularity.”
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric, who helps people and organisations make the most of their energy, anticipates and satisfies its customers' requirements in the residential, building, data centers and networks, industry, and energy and infrastructure markets. With 112,000 employees, Schneider Electric generated revenue of €17.3 billion in 2007 through 15,000 distributor outlets in 190 countries.