The first 6 prizes awarded by the Schneider Electric Foundation for the Integration of young people go to the Rhône-Alpes region (France)
Henri Lachmann, Chairman and CEO of Schneider Electric and Marcel Torrents, Executive Vice-President of the France Division, directors of the Schneider Electric Foundation for the integration of young people, awarded the first 6 prizes to associations from the Rhône-Alpes region of France.
- 2 prizes were awarded to associations which focus on sport as a way to achieving social and professional integration:
«En passant par la Montagne» (Taking on Mountains)
«L’association Laïque de Rugby d’Echirolles» (The Echirolles Rugby association)
- 2 prizes were awarded to associations helping young people prepare a community project for the future:
«E3i - Entreprise d’Intérim d’Insertion de l’Isère» (Temping agency for integration in Isère)
«Unis Cité» (Solidarity in the housing estates)
- 2 prizes were awarded to associations providing daily support to young invalids:
«Vivre aux éclats» (Live life to the full)
«L’enfant à l’hôpital». (Children in hospital)
Since its creation, under the aegis of the Fondation de France, in December 1998, the Schneider Foundation for the integration of young people has received 80 different projects. The Foundation will award 10 prizes each quarter. Projects close to Schneider Electric sites are given priority so as to provide not just financial support, but also voluntary work from Schneider Employees.
The Schneider Electric Foundation for the integration of young people is part of the overall effort by Schneider Electric in favor of the integration of young people and help in creating jobs.
The Schneider Electric Foundation for the integration of young people:
- a budget of FF 35 million over 5 years,
- its vocation : To help young people succeed
1) 10 prizes each quarter to help associations working in favor of the social or professional integration of young people.
Projects must fulfil the following criteria:
- Support the integration of young people (difficult neighbourhoods or problems such as hospitalization or imprisonment, etc.),
- Promote projects which give young people access to multimedia,
- Facilitate mobility for young people,
- Combine social integration with professional integration.
2) A yearly meeting to encourage the initiatives of young people, through loans on trust, and encourage their entrepreneurial spirit.