Cement plant: a first contract with Chinefarge
Chinefarge, a subsidiary of Lafarge in China, has selected Schneider Electric for the electrical / automation portion of a Huaibei cement works project to increase production capacity and improve the level of automation in its facilities.
“This first contract was concluded with Chinefarge following an audit agreement signed in 1997," explains Jean-Pierre Dudragne, Major Account Manager in the Marketing and Sales Department - France. "And it's business in China that is important for Schneider: All of our products and services will be applied locally."
The order contract was signed at the end of December and is currently being performed. It includes the supply and commissioning of a set of SM6 medium voltage cubicles and low voltage cubicles with integrated Schneider components, all manufactured and engineered locally (MCC / PCC / motor starters / VVD), and a Modicon Quantum PLC system including SCADA software.
The customer's point of view :
According to Mr. Bachelet of Chinefarge, "In addition to the technical quality of the products and the sales terms offered, we selected Schneider Electric in China for several other reasons.
We were particularly interested in:
- the capacity to manufacture and assemble products locally in the different Chinese joint venture companies;
- the possibility to handle locally, with technical support from a large group, the engineering of the electrical / automation package, and to ensure the corresponding coordination work;
I would also mention the following points:
- a flexible, customer-oriented approach, making use of the skills of a variety of local partners;
- good knowledge of local constraints, thus making it possible to develop acceptable technical comprises between the requirements of Chinese technical organizations and customer needs;
- and finally, excellent project management made possible by upstream sales and application follow-up."